Exercise: Third-Party Recognition
Goal: To make sure your child’s hard work and achievements get the validation they deserve.
1. Once your child has started developing in areas of leadership, service entrepreneurship, performance, art, writing, research, scholarships, or academic competition or scholarship, discuss ways that achievements can be used to:
• Raise awareness for a worthy cause
• Build community
• Inspire or educate others
2. Explore avenues for achievements to get profiled, reviewed, or published through print, television, online media, or social media.
3. If your child gains recognition at the local level for good work, scale the recognition upwards to the state, regional, national, and even international level.
You can find this exercise on p. 59 in BRAND U: 4 Steps To The College of Your Dreams.